Heavey Equipment Mechanic (Location: Frierson, LA)
Nuverra is looking for a Mechanic to perform maintenance and repairs to heavy earth moving equipment in the field. Must be able to diagnose and repair AC systems, undercarriages, hydraulic systems, power terrain systems. Candidate will also be required to track and perform all scheduled maintenance of equipment onsite. Will be responsible for ordering all required parts, filters, oils and supplies. Must be able to work independently and together with operators and supervisors in field. Must have own hand tools. Must have a minimum of a CDL class B license. Heavy truck repair experience is a plus.
- Must be 21-years of age or older
- Current Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with tanker endorsement
- In some areas, a Class B CDL with tanker endorsement is acceptable if driving a straight truck with no trailer
- Must have one (1) year tanker experience
- Have a safe driving record verified by Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) and FMCSA PSP
- No DWI/DUI violations in a Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV)
- No DWI/DUI convictions within the last three (3) years in Non-CMV
- No failed drug/alcohol test results from previous employers
- Current medical card provided by a medical professional listed on the FMCSA National Registry
- Must pass pre-employment fitness for duty test (FIT Test)
- Must successfully complete a road test operating the type of CMV the Company intends to assign
- Ability to operate a 13/18 speed manual transmission
Applicant must have 3 years experience with Caterpillar and Komatsu heavy equipment.
Must provide own hand tools.
Must be able to work independently in all weather conditions.
Heavy truck experience a plus.
- Mechanical ability
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to solve problems, resolve conflicts in a professional manner and maintain a positive attitude at all times
- Flexibility to changing situations in the working environment
- Ability to read instruments gauges, devices, etc., perform math calculations and complete proper paperwork
- Can read and interpret documents (instructions, handbooks, operating, maintenance and procedural manuals)
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Can read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with others, to understand highway traffic signs and signals, to respond to official inquiries and to make entries on reports and records
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to use ELD and computer terminal to input required data
Physical demands for a truck driver includes:
- sitting, standing, walking, lifting materials (maximum 50 pounds) such as bulky tanker hoses, carrying, pushing, pulling, kneeling, bending, twisting, repetitive wrist and hand movements, hearing, seeing (including depth perception and peripheral vision), ability of rapid mental coordination and mentally alert for the entire regular shift.
- Mechanics work in all types of weather conditions including extreme heat, cold, humid and wet.
- Noise level in the work environment is generally loud.
- The Company will supply adequate training and equipment to perform the functions of the job.
Operational Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Comply with all applicable DOT regulations, traffic laws and Company processes/requirements as they related to the Safety Measurement System (SMS) with emphasis on the Behavioral Analysis and Safety Improvement Categories (BASICs): Unsafe Driving, Crashes, Hours of Service, Vehicle Maintenance, Drugs and Alcohol, Hazardous Materials and Driver Fitnes
- When operating a CMV - accurately complete Daily Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIR), maintain electronic log through Electronic Logging Device (ELD), manifests, delivery tickets, etc.
- Follow maintenance, fueling and other DOT related processes/procedures
- Ensure vehicle has current inspections, proper licensing and is roadworthy prior to and during operation
- Load, unload, and transport load safely to various sites per requirements and applicable regulations
- Read/interpret information such as driving routes, safety rules, sales tickets, operating instructions and manuals
- Comply with all HSE requirements and applicable state and federal safety and environmental regulations
- Attend and participate in required meetings and assigned trainings such as Customer Orientations, daily Tailgate Meetings, Weekly Target Zero Training, Monthly Safety Meetings and Safety Stand Downs
- Participate and submit quality HSE support documentation such as Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Behavior Based Safety (BBS), Incident Reports, etc., as required
- Gather and coordinate customer billing papers and order requests regarding product delivery requirement
- Conduct job tasks and transportation activities in a safe, efficient and environmentally cautious manner
- Operate valves and all associated tools/equipment utilizing effective spill prevention techniques
- Monitor, gauge and record tank levels on various tankage
- Regularly communicate gauge information, logistical changes, hazards, incidents and relevant information
- Maintain contact with Dispatch and/or Supervisor to receive and/or relay information
- Promptly report all work-related incidents to Company management and customer representatives
- Communicate and provide feedback to management regarding operational, safety and maintenance issues
- Practice good housekeeping, proper cleanliness and security of assigned vehicle
- Develop and maintain positive customer relationships employing sound conflict resolution when issues arise
- Other duties as assigned
Once your application is received, we will call you to schedule your interview.
Formerly Heckmann Water Resources (HWR)
Nuverra is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer. Nuverra provides opportunities in all aspects of employment on the basis of business need, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to a person’s age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Nuverra also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please advise Nuverra if you require an accommodation in the application process.