Nuverra Environmental Solutions is seeking an HSE Representative to support the Cadiz, OH operations in the Utica Shale Region. This is a non-supervisory position reporting directly to the HSE Northeast Divisional Manager, with a secondary reporting relationship to the Utica Operations Manager(s). This position communicates, coordinates and assists in the support, implementation and enforcement of all elements of the HSE Management System (HSE MS) including programs, policies, standards and procedures to help the Company reduce loss, improve HSE performance and achieve its HSE goals and objectives.
- Must be 21-years of age or older
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License with a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
- Previous HSE, logistics, military, or other experience related to oil and gas, industrial or commercial work required
- Preference given to applicants with 5 years of HSE related experience in the oil and gas industry
- Strong working knowledge of OSHA, DOT, and Environmental regulations applicable to the oil and gas industry
- Must be professional, accountable, courageous and trustworthy always holding the safety, security and welfare of the employees above all other Company priorities or initiatives
Operational Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Support, implement and enforce the HSE MS and associated HSE programs in the field
- Provide HSE support to operations through various means (emergency preparedness, audit support, conducting observations, job site inspections and risk assessments, assisting with incident reporting, performing incident investigations and root cause analysis, tracking corrective actions, coordinating training and safety meetings, tracking relevant leading and lagging indicators, HSE metrics, etc., to drive continuous improvement)
- Exemplify HSE leadership in all aspects of daily operations and set the example for others by following, coaching and mentoring others regarding HSE programs
- Respond to incidents in a timely manner and provide onsite support as needed
- Investigate HSE related incidents, analyze findings, recommend corrective actions and follow-up to completion
- Provide assistance and support to supervision and management encouraging their success as HSE leaders
- Present ongoing HSE related materials, ideas, programs and processes to management representatives, employees and customer representatives as required
- Record, document and file necessary paperwork related to HSE processes
- Maintain relationships and interact with supervision, management representatives, customers, HSE Department, training staff, neighbors, and government regulators, in a professional, honest and consistent manner at all times
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Assist with the development and delivery of HSE related training at events and/or safety meetings
- Demonstrate positive leadership skills by exhibiting self-control, and by leading by example in safe driving practices and appropriate use of Personal Protection Equipment
- Remain current and knowledgeable of relevant HSE regulations and promote and support HSE initiatives, policies, requirements, etc.
- Assist with the development of policies, programs and procedures as needed
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Department of Transportation (DOT) Rules & Regulations:
- Comply with all Department of Transportation (DOT), Health Safety & Environmental (HSE), and Company regulations and meet safety qualifications
- Complete required vehicle inspections to ensure compliance with DOT regulations
- Accurately track and manage duty status through the Electronic Logging Device (ELD), maintain electronic driver log, truck maintenance and vehicle fueling
Health, Safety and Environmental:
- Comply with all DOT, HSE, and Company regulations and meet safety qualifications
- Properly wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Attend and participate in all Company Safety meetings and assigned trainings such as daily Tailgate Meetings, Weekly Target Zero Training, and scheduled Safety Meetings
- Accurately complete Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Behavior Based Safety (BBS), and Company SAFER reports as required
- Complies with all DOT, HSE, and Company regulations as listed above
- Understands and follows Company policies, procedures, laws, regulations, codes of conduct, business practices
- Completes job tasks/responsibilities in an efficient and timely manner including required paperwork
- Maintains good relationships, positive attitude and work cooperatively as part of a team; keeps supervisor informed; presents ideas effectively
- Takes action necessary to complete tasks; use of own resourcefulness to initiate corrective action
- Achieves goals and objectives within set deadlines
- Reliable and available; follows through and completes job tasks to completion; maintenance, neatness and cleanliness of assigned vehicle; professional appearance; regular attendance and promptness in reporting for work
- Strong interpersonal communication skills – Must be able to relate to people and positively influence them
- Excellent written, organizational and computer skills – Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task; proficient using Information Systems and IT applications to input, process, document and file data.
- Ability to learn and carry out directives – Required to attend and complete education and training assignments and read and interpret documents and carry out instructions.
- Professional Courage – Must be able to perform in challenging situations remaining professional and committed to the safety of personnel, operations, neighbors and the environment while maintaining a positive attitude and representing the Company in a professional manner.
- Empathy, humility, sincerity, respect – Must be able to demonstrate these and other related traits as necessary to successfully communicate safety related ideas and thoughts to supervision, management representatives, employees, neighbors, and government regulators.
- Flexibility – Ability to work safely and independently in a fast-paced and fluid environment; may be required to respond to emergencies, after-hours training/meetings etc., and other times outside of the normal working day.
- Thought process and decision making – Successful candidate will be required to use analytical processes, make decisions based on facts but also must be able to use good judgment based on the information available.
- Interest, passion and commitment – Self-motivated team player who is passionate about HSE; an interest in safety, genuine care for others, willingness to keep the best interest of safety success the foundation for their daily work while maintaining a positive attitude and projecting Company policies in a constructive and encouraging manner.
Education or Training:
- High School Diploma or GED
- PEC Trainer Preferred
- Smith System Trainer Preferred
- Will work in all weather conditions
- 24/7 shift work is required